Saturday, September 20, 2008

diamonds are a girls best friend, but i prefer brownies.

I feel like i just found out that my favourite love song was written about a sandwich. okay, not really, but I just had to say it. I don't have much to do today, and I came up with something. BROWNIES! I know that I said earlier that I wanted a cake, but brownies will just have to do. Because I'm better at making brownies, damnit. That quote at the beginning was from 27 dresses, by the way.

Ingredients
125 mL, 1/2 cup butter
125 mL, 1/2 cup cocoa
250 mL, 1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 mL, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
125mL, 1/2 cup flour
125 mL, 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts
2 mL, 1/2 tsp. salt

Utensils
bowl(microwave safe)
wooden spoon(or any type of mixing spoon)
knife
measuring cups and spoons
8 inch square pan

Steps
1. Before doing anything, heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius(or 350 degrees fahrenheit). Grease your square pan that you will put thee brownies in after. After that, melt the butter either in the microwave or on the oven(with a saucepan). I use a microwave normally, because I don't trust myself to do the other. After it is melted, make sure it is in the big bowl where all of the ingredients will go.
2. Add the cocoa, and then stir. Add the sugar(yum) and stir again.
3. Add the eggs on at a time and stir after you put in each one. I don't think I have to mention not to put them in whole.
4. Add vanilla and stir/beat until it is blended all together. It will smell good now.
5. Add the flour, salt and then stir.
6. If you want to add anything else, this is the time to. Since I love super-sweet things, I add chocolate chips, but that is waaaaay too sweet for a lot of people I know. They prefer nuts.
7. Spread the batter(evenly!) in the pan(it should be greased!!!).
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Check to make sure it is baked, obviously. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before eating. If you want to serve it at a party or whatever, you should wait at least an hour before cutting it, just because it may fall apart 10 minutes after it comes out.

If you want, you can add icing or whatever you want on top, but if you are just really hungry and want to eat it right away, then do that! Mmmm. I'm hungry.

1 comment:

beverley said...

LOL! awesome! you should have a cooking show! :P